The Richest Women in the World in 2011
Edited by Dr. Hari Nair
The 20 richest women in the world accumulate over 232 billion dollars. Even if most of the wealth is heritage, and only one has gotten billions with her own power, the world’s richest women are worthy of resurrection. Here is list of the richest women in the world in 2011
1. With a fortune of 26.5 billion dollars, Christy Walton is designated by the Forbes the richest woman in the world, while she is placed in the male top at number 10.Widow of John Walton, son of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton, Christy (56 years) is the owner of Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retailer.
2. Liliane Bettencourt (88 years) is the richest woman in France and second in the Forbes world rankings, with 23.5 billion dollars from the famous cosmetics company L’Oreal. The only child of Eugene Schueller, founder of L’Oreal, Liliane inherited the money that she uses to donate to various causes The 20 richest women in the world accumulate over 232 billion dollars. Even if most of the wealth is heritage, and only one has gotten billions with her own power, the world’s richest women are worthy of resurrection.
3. Alice Walton (61 years) is not accidental in the richest women top. This is Christy Walton’s sister, who in turn enjoys a legacy of 21.2 billion dollars. The two work together at Wal-Mart.
4. Involved in the copper business, Iris Fontbona inherited a wealth of 19.2 billion dollars from her former husband, billionaire Andronico Luksic, whodied of cancer in 2005.Currently she is dealing with family business, Antofagasta, one of the largest copper mines in the world, a brewery and a hotel chain in the Croatian resort Plava Laguna.
5. Ranked fifth in the rankings, Susanne Klatten (48 years) is the daughter of Herbert Quandt, BMW savior, on the verge of bankruptcy in 1960. Economist by profession, Quandt Klatten heir to the empire, which includes several corporations, including Daimler-Benz, BMW and Atlanta pharmaceutical concern.
6. Birgit Rausing (87 years) 14 billion dollars.
8. Savitri Jindal (61 years) 13.2 billion dollars.
9. Abigail Johnson (49 years) 11,3 billion dollars
10. Jacqueline Mars (71 years) 10 billion dollar
11. Johanna Quandt (84 years) 9,8 billion dollars
12. Georgina Rinehart (57years) 9 billion dollars
13. Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken (56 years) 7,5 billion dollars
14. Blair Parry-Okeden (60 years) 6,7 billion dollars
15. Antonia Johnson (67 years) 6,5 billion dollars
16. Dorothea Steinbruch 5,8 billion dollars
17. Wu Yajun (47years) 5,5 billion dollars
18. Shari Arison (53 years) 5,1 billion dollars
19. Pauline MacMillan Keinath (77 years) 4,7 billion dollars