Search This Blog

Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Weird: Caffeine Overdose Kills a British Man !!!

Weird:Caffeine Overdose Kills a British Man !

Posted by MydeaMedia




A 23-year-old British man died from a caffeine overdose after consuming caffeine powder and energy drinks at a party in Mansfield, England.

Michael Lee Bedford from Mansfield, central England, swallowed the caffeine powder that a friend bought online for £3.29. He likely used it to delay hangover caused by excessive alcohol consumption. An inquest on the incident was held Friday.

He washed the powder down with an energy drink, and about 15 minutes later began sweating and puking up blood. Friends saw him downing spoonfuls of caffeine powder and the inquest ruled that he had taken what would have been the equivalent of 70 cans of energy drink. Bedford had a “poisonous” 251mg of caffeine per litre of blood in his system.

Nottingham Post reported he died at King’s Mill Hospital in Nottinghamshire, central England. Dr. Nigel Chapman, Nottingham Coroner said “Caffeine is so freely available on the internet for £3.29, but it’s so lethal if taken in the wrong dose, and here we see the consequence. So many people are upset and distraught by the death of Michael.” The packet of caffeine powder instructed users to take no more than one sixteenth of a teaspoon.

Copyright to MydeaMedia @ 2011